Skip To Main Content


Documents Required to Apply:

  • Proof of birth or proof of pregnancy for each child.
  • Proof of 12 months of income (e.g. most current tax return, W-2 and/or pay stubs, SNAP, SSI, TANF, 12 months of child support, Pell Grants or scholarships if applicable)
  • Proof of residency for Jackson, Clay or Platte counties. Proof of residency can include a utility bill, rental contact or Missouri state property tax receipt with your current address.
woodland kitty mascot logo
Richardson Mascot Logo

How do I enroll in Head Start?

Because Head Start is an income eligible program, families must first apply to see if they meet the qualifications. We use a centralized intake enrollment process through the Mid-America Regional Council (MARC) who serves all Head Start programs in our area. To apply, you can:

  • Fill out our Fill out our Head Start Interest Form - (English) (Spanish) and we will assist you with scheduling an appointment.
  • OR schedule an appointment, please call MARC Head Start at 816-841-3382 or visit this webpage
  • For more information, you can reach our KCPS Head Start Enrollment Specialist, Anabel Luna